Hare Krsna dear Gurumaharaja
Please accept my humble obeisances
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
I hope your trip to India has been profitable.
HpS - Super, but not without investment of years of our life. "You can die for something or you can live for nothing", Rambo.
You are always in our thoughts occupiying a very important place in our home and our heart.
I am writing to greet you and present this report of activities that have been carried out since a month ago. First of all, I would like to tell you that the appointment has been taken with pleasure by most educators so this has allowed me to start my activities with enthusiasm.
- In the first place, we have made contact with Mathuresh prabhu, in charge of the Bolivian Yatra, Divya Priya devi dasi (GBC representative for Ecuador) and Karunya Nitay prabhu, director of the educational program in Ecuador. The representation is now official in all three countries.
HpS - Super...
I will make the arrangements to travel in the year to Ecuador (Quito, Guayaquil and Cuenca), and if it is possible, to south Peru (Cuzco and Arequipa) and Bolivia (La Paz and Cochabamba). In the same way we are working closely with Karuna Krsna Das, national education program director.
- I have been in touch with Tapana Misra prabhu by mail and today we have had our first telephone conversation. Prabhu has answered my questions with great kindness and I will be reporting to him as well as to you.
I have talked with the educators of Lima, at first, one by one and then they were called for a meeting this past Sunday. Karuna Krsna das, Jiva Sakti das, Jagat Pavitram das, Isvari devi dasi, Abhinanda das and me attended. The meeting was fruitful and nice, agreements were signed, the most important being:
- To comply with the MOE requests: semiannual report, register in the MOE's database, subscribe to MOE publications and attend the coordination meetings that will be every three months, in addition, a group has been created on Facebook to address issues of greater urgency.
HpS - Get ahold of the Blue Baboon (LAD). He is old. He is cantakerous, but he has a heart of gold.
- To propose as Bhakti sastri examiner to Baladeva prabhu and Jiva Sakti prabhu as administrator. In case this proposal does not prosper, we suggest Jiva Sakti prabhu as examiner and Candramukhi devi dasi as administrator. The final decision is in Mathuresh prabhu, the National Board and your hands. From then on, we must request the license to the BoEx.
- To create two working groups, one for Introduction to Bhakti yoga and another for the Disciples course. These work groups have the task of standardizing both courses, that have been imparted very differently by different devotees. The idea of fund is to create a structured course that can be facilitated in provincial cities on the basis of a coherent study guide. The course of Bhakti sastri will continue as it is until Bhakti sastri and Bhakti Vaibhava standarized courses are ready, that it will happen in two years, according to Tapana Misra prabhu.
HpS - The Boex is working on Intro to Bhakti yoga course guidelines and posting a list of good courses that are available around the world. Be sure to put all this stuff in Abhirama's "Jayam". Your Spanish version will be great.
- I am in talks with Hari Purana prabhu and other members of the Chosica community who see fit to develop education programs for children (more and more children among the devotees!). I spoke with Tapana Misra Prabhu and he will put me in touch with a team of devotees from India who are developing a similar project. Meanwhile, I have recommended Sunday school and later develop a home schooling program as the natural previous step for the Gurukula.
HpS - Yes. Keep after Tapan-misra Das. Also contact Gopi-gita Dasi in Dallas. [email protected]
First of all I am attending the most urgent matters but I need a strategic plan. Any suggestions Gurumaharaja?
HpS - Vidya vadu jivanam. If you chant good rounds. Keep you DOnkey well, then Krsna will send plans. Catch them. Who are you? WHo are your associates? Then a plan based upon the personal relations of intelligent associatiotes.
On a personal level:
As you already know, we have been in Chosica for 2 months, happy because it is where we feel better. We are serving Sri Sri Radha Madana Vihari on weekends at kitchen, attending Mangala arati (we live three minutes from the temple!) and teaching the Introduction to Bhakti yoga course to three students of the university where I teach and my sister in law. My wife is doing well, studying (and falling in love with the Bhagavad Gita, in her own words) and successfully deciphering her mission in the movement of Lord Caitanya. I go to work in Lima three days a week and the rest here, more serene, more controlled, more safe. Simple life, high thinking ki jaya !!
We hope to see you soon, dear Gurudeva.
I will send my report next month.
Your tiny servant
HpS - I hope we can buy our Lima ticket in the next few days.